Father Richard Messina
Our beloved Fr. Dick passed peacefully at 12:30 p.m. on October 12, 2017, surrounded by loving family. His funeral service was on October 16, 2017. He was appointed pastor of St. Mary's on Sept. 19, 1993 and served until his retirement in 2015. Click the following links for:
- Fr. Dick's obituary
- The slide show that was shown at his wake
- A video recording of the funeral Mass (courtesy of WinCAM). Note that the service will play on WinCAM’s Public channel (Comcast channel 8 or Verizon channel 36) on Sunday, October 22, at 3:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.. Further airings will be listed on the WinCAM online schedule as they are added.
4 pm: Saturday Vigil Mass
8 am. 10 am & 11:30 am: Sunday Liturgy
6:45 am: Monday, Wednesday & Thursday
9 am: Tuesday & Friday
Mass times at St. Eulalia Parish can be found on the St. Eulalia website.
Holy Days of Obligation include the following solemnities: Mary, Mother of God (January 1); the Ascension of the Lord (Forty Days after Easter); the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary (August 15); All Saints (November 1); The Feast of the Immaculate Conception (December 8); Nativity of the Lord [Christmas] (December 25).
Parish Phone: (781) 729-0055
Monday through Friday
Office Hours: 9:00am to 5:00pm
Religious Education Office
Monday through Thursday
Phone: (781) 729-1965
8:00am to 3:00pm
Volunteer to teach CCD with our sign-up form!Learn More
- Dear Parishioners, The horrific killings/murders at the First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, TX this past week filled TV cable news channels and local channels with the chilling horror of evil/criminal activity once again. Politicians and commentators are quick to offer explanations and solutions that are emotionally appealing, but they many not accurately…
- Dear Parishioners, November 1 is the Feast Day of All Saints preceded by All Hallows Eve, better known as Halloween. On our church’s liturgical calendar, it is a Holy Day (Nov. 1) with Masses here at Saint Mary Church at 6:45am, 9:00am and 7:00pm.All Souls Day follows as a special day of remembering in prayer our deceased loved ones,…
- Dear Parishioners, This past Monday our Archbishop, Cardinal Sean, celebrated the funeral Mass for Fr. Richard Messina here at Saint Mary Church. It was with sadness we learned of his death on October 12. The time from his diagnosis with pancreatic cancer in the spring of this year until his final committal and…
- Father Dick was in the truest sense what it meant to be a servant for God. No matter what the time or place he was always the servant priest. I know he will be missed by the Early Morning Christians at the 6:45.
We are a very proud recipient of the Cummings Grant "100K for 100" for our peace and justice initiatives! Please visit their website at www.cummingsfoundation.org